70 years of uninterrupted banking operations.
For more than seven decades, we have been providing superior financial services to small businesses, corporations, governments, institutions and individuals globally. We are present in 20 African countries, United Kingdom, the U.S.A. and France.
To be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders, abiding by the utmost professional and ethical standards, and by building an enduring institution.
To be the undisputed leading and dominant financial services institution in Africa.
- Our strategic intent is to be the leading financial services institution in Africa. Our corporate statement focuses on how we intend to drive this; the statement ‘Excellent Services… Delivered’ demonstrates the required focus on our customer regardless of sector or segment.
- To further re-enforce this, we have introduced a new set of company values – Enterprise, Excellence and Execution. These values drive the behaviour of over 20,000 direct and support staff across the globe in our organization.
- As MD/CEO of this trusted bank, my focus is on ensuring we:
- – Place the customer first always Work with motivated and productive people; and
- Consistently create value for all our stakeholders
- UBA is Africa’s global bank and our promise is to continue to work hard to remain relevant in a fast and changing world.
History of UBA Group
UBA has more than 70 years of providing uninterrupted banking operations, dating back to 1948 when the British and French Bank Limited (BFB) commenced business in Nigeria. BFB was a subsidiary of Banque Nationale de Crédit (BNCI), Paris, which transformed its London branch into a separate subsidiary called the British and French Bank, with shares held by Banque Nationale de Crédit and two British investment firms, S.G. Warburg and Company and Robert Benson and Company.