Our Current account enables you bank wisely.
A UBA Current Account is suitable for everyone, whether employed, self-employed, students, artisans or members of the diaspora.
Individual Current Account
- No restrictions on the withdrawal frequency or amounts from funded account.
- Third party transactions allowed.
- No restrictions on deposit amounts.
- Cheque lodgment allowed.
- Access to internet and mobile banking.
- Access to UBA Master Card & Visa Card (for ATM, Internet and POS transactions).
- Opening balance of UGX 20,000
- Minimum operating balance of UGX 20,000
- Monthly maintenance fee of UGX 2,500
- Access to consumer credit facilities
- Lodgment of cheques and dividend warrants
- Cheque book enabled
- Completed Account Opening Form.
- 2 passport photographs.
- Valid means of identification; national ID, international passport, recent voter card, driver’s license.
- Utility bill not exceeding 3 months old.
- 2 current account references.
Are you an employee?
Take the first step towards managing your money better.
- Any of these IDs: international passport/driver’s license/national ID/voter card.
- Employee ID (low KYC account opened in the absence of international passport/driver’s license/national ID/voter’s card).
- Letter of introduction from employer.
- Passport photograph.
- Utility bill (not necessary if applicant’s company has a UBA account).
- Any one of the valid IDs: international passport/driver’s license/national ID/voter card.
- Passport photograph (if business, for each of the owners of business).
- Utility bill (not exceeding 3 months old).
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration/CBN license (for business enterprise).
- Two references from current account holders.
All Current Accounts Come With
UBA Online Account
No need to visit the bank
The UBA Online Account is a unique account designed for people who desire to carry out their banking activities purely online, without visiting a bank branch.
Enjoy the flexibility of banking on the go, with our electronic channels (internet banking, mobile banking, ATM and EmailMoni) and get a 30% concession on transaction fee.